Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Cleaning feels so good!

So today, my bestest sister-in-law came over and helped me clean. It may not seem like a fun thing to do on a day off, but it feels GREAT to come home and see a sparkling house. We did this during Christmas break last year, too. Maybe we would be more effective if we did it more than once a year!!


Shannon is a great house cleaner. She has more patience than me (but then again, I think a gerbil might, too. I've not asked a gerbil how much patience they have...) and loves to do detail work. I was impressed that I got the dishes done, vacuumed, and sorted laundry! She worked on the outside of our fridge until it looked brand new. I couldn't believe it...and neither could Shane.

I wish we took more time to stay on top of the housework and laundry. My hope is that as we get it decorated to our tastes we will take more pride in it and WANT to keep it clean. We'll see how that goes!

Tomorrow: lunch with a neighbor and put another coat of paint up in the bathroom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment