Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Wowzers!

I'm so excited right now I can hardly stand to be around myself! I ordered our 3 straws of baby batter today (aka three specimens, if you want to get technical) and they should be here on Thursday! We'd thought we'd chosen one donor...B943...he was a great match, worked as a pizza delivery driver and had a degree in accounting. Medical history was decent. The nurse suggested we have 2-3 donors in mind when we called to order, so I ordered a couple more profiles.

One of them was a real, um, well, let's leave it as not a good match. Then, we saw B855. He has a much better medical history, is a bit taller and has kids of his own, as well as documented pregnancies. 943 is a "newbie" - he's only available starting this month. We thought we'd up our chances with someone that is known to "work" if you will.

The profiles we get are 20 pages long - I know more about the donor than I know about myself, I'm fairly certain. That being said, it's awesome to have that much knowledge. I know that we made the right choice.

Thursday is my next appointment (at 6:30 a.m., no less!). We'll get to see how my follies are doing (I'm feeling twinges on both sides!) and get protocol for the rest of the cycle. The trigger shot is ordered and should be waiting on us at the doctor, the baby batter will be waiting. EEEK! SO close now.

No comments:

Post a Comment