Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The post I've been wanting to make!



Isn't that the most beautiful sight you've ever seen? I think so!

DH and I finally got our elusive BFP this week. I took the test so I could quit taking the progesterone supplements (those things are GROSS if you've ever had to take them) and get my AF to start. I had it all planned out - I'd take the test, then call the doctor's office and see if they'd get pre-authorization on the lap for January.

So I took the test, set it aside and checked in about a minute. Totally expected to see one line. And what did I see? THAT beautiful second line. :) In less than the 2 minute window.

So Monday was my first beta - it measures the HCG in my blood. The nurse said she wanted to see a number higher than 50. She called a little later in the day with my result: 353!!!

Today was my second beta. Betas should double every 48-72 hours. The nurse said she was hoping to see a 60% increase in my number - so something in the 600s. My number? 747!!! It doubled in less than 48 hours :)

I think these numbers are high so we may have more than one in there. We find out on Tuesday - our first ultrasound! I'll be a little over 4 and a half weeks. Too soon for a heartbeat but we can count babies. Then we'll have another ultrasound in about 3 weeks to find the heartbeat(s).

I can hardly believe it's finally happened. DH and I are just hopeful that my pregnancy continues without many hiccups or problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment