Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ultrasound #2

Yay!

We had ultrasound (u/s) #2 today! Today's was to check to see how I'd responded to the clomid. The nurse said that they like follicles (aka follies) to be around 20-22mm. I had one on the left side at 15 (with a wannabe one attached - much smaller but still there) and then the right side had one at 14. So, I'm going to keep growing them and get rechecked on Saturday. Follies grow (typically) 1-2mm per day so I should be good by Saturday. I'll get my HCG trigger (to make me release the follies) at the office, probably on Saturday, and do the IUI either Sunday or Monday. Now we are giving Shane's boys a good pep talk every night in order to get the counts up! Dr. Wilshire is asking for 3 million...keep your fingers crossed! My lining looked good, too, at 8.3.

They ordered my HCG shot today...and, of course, insurance doesn't cover it (my insurance, like most, will cover you to get tested for the "infertile" diagnosis...but then doesn't cover any infertility treatments. They are considered "optional" and therefore, not covered. Grrr). The lady said "do you want to be enrolled in the discounted meds program"? Ummm...yeah! All I had to do was give her my email address. :)

On another bright note, Donny and Shannon donated their living room furniture to a worthy cause....Shane and I! We are super excited and can't wait to get it all set up! It's all in the garage right now.

Man, this follie growing is hard work. I'm exhausted tonight!!


No comments:

Post a Comment